Yesterday, January 20th I got back from my youth group's annual winter retreat called "Blizzard".
I cannot believe Blizzard 2013 is over. I have to wait a whole year to go to it again. It is so fun.
We go to an awesome camp up North and we stay there for three days and have sessions every hour and we meet in the Chapel and listen to the awesome speaker and have games, worship and fellowship. On free time you can ice skate, go tubing down a huge hill, horse back riding (which I didn't do this year. :/ My allergies were wayy to bad. FYI: I'm allergic to horses :{), walks, broom-ball, hockey, and so much more!
![]() |
| Not my picture. (didn't take but like two pictures up there). |
It was a great time. The whole day Saturday we had a biggg game of Nerf war. It was all day and we had names of specific people we had to shoot to make the game longer than a half an hour. I got about four people out until a leader I had nooo idea had me came up and shot me with a Nerf bullet :/ It was awesome while it lasted though!!
It was so beautiful up there! The trees full of snow. Even though surprisingly there was that much snow. There was enough to make it beautiful though ;) The stars at night were incredible, twinkling brightly through the tippy tops of the tress! The moon was just as pretty and bright lighting the trail with shadows through the trees at night.
After the Torch Walk some of us (about 12 of us, including about four leaders) enjoyed the walk so much we wanted to go on another! We decided to walk on the tree line of the lake (which was a steep hill). It was quite the adventure. No, seriously. I'm quite the adventure girl, and loveeee adventures, but this one...? This one was a rough one. I was a bit freaked out some of the way because at times it was a lil' dangerous. But we all were fine and got through it without a broken bone ;) It total darkness only with the light of the moon we went. It was about 11:30 at night. Our "get back time" was suppose to be 12:00 but we ended up getting back at 12:30am. (Oops!) It was a lot of fun, stress, exhaustion, fear, and sweat. lol.
Though it was the coldest night of the year we were sweating too much to think about the cold, from the hard walk. We walked on the side of a steeeeep hill along the lake. It was icy and if you didn't grab the trunk of a tree as you went along you would have slipped down the rest of the hill. It was a bit scary but awesome and quite the memory! We call it our "Expedition" ;)
![]() |
| One of the only pictures I took while up there. |
Anyway. It was a great time. Met a lot of new kids from the two other Churches that came up for the retreat too from around here that we partner up with a lot for big events. It was a great time. Good fellowship with everyone. Great messages I heard and good time with my Jesus, great worship to my King and so much more.
Hope you had an awesome weekend! Comment and tell me what ya think!!! Blessings to you!
A Servant 4 Christ,
Lizzie







Hey Lizzie!!!!! So glad you had a blast at Bilzzard :) Hope we can talk soon - miss you tons! Great pic, too!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment :) it made my day :) yes, Blizzard was a lot of fun :)
DeleteYes! i also hope we can talk soon! :)
Wow, that sounds like an amazing place! I never knew such a thing like Blizzard existed. What a great idea to have a winter retreat...I've only ever heard of summer retreats, but really, there's a calming sense of God's peace when you watch the snow. It sounds perfect. :)
ReplyDeleteYeah it was really neat! I'm so glad my youth pastor thought if the idea of making a winter retreat :) and naming it "Blizzard" was a great idea too :)
DeleteThat's SO awesome! it sounds like soooo much fun! and i LOVE the pictures :) great post! love ya!
ReplyDeleteKisses!
Isabelle <3
Yeah, it was a lot of fun ;)
ReplyDeleteCool! :) Yea this year I only have like 2 inches of snow. That's unnormal for where I live, but I'm ok with that LOL.
ReplyDeletebtw: I replied to your comment on my blog about all your questions on my hair. LOL
Yeah not much snow here :)
DeleteAlright lol :) I will go check out those comments :)