"What is faith?" My Sunday school teacher asked today, "faith is believing and trusting in something even if you can't see it." He said.
Today I went to Sunday school and the sermon was on having faith in God.
"Wow! I never knew there is so much in having faith in something!" I thought after the sermon was over.
Here I want to share these powerful things with you today that I thought stuck out to me. Someone (don't remember who) wrote this and it was in our Sunday school papers today.
"worry is an indication that we think God cannot look after us." WOW! Did you read that?! I had no idea that worry is an indication of thinking God cannot look after us! "Now that I think of it, I worry all the time!" I thought to myself.
So that means I don't have much faith and trust in our All Mighty God. I barely know how to write this out and put it on my blog here! So just bare with me okay!? =)
Before I go on I want to tell you something, it might sound like every time I write about God on here it sounds like I'm trying t preach to you. I don't at all mean this to sound like that! I'm sharing from my heart and that is it! I'm not trying to make you feel like I'm trying to get this in your head. so just understand!
So what I'm saying is when I worry about what is going to happen in the future or what ever I'm not truly putting my faith and trust in God but rather myself.
I have never thought of that until my Sunday school teacher spoke about it.
But if I put ALL my faith and trust in GOD NOT MYSELF look where I would be?!
I would not be worrying about everything! Isn't that amazing!
Who says I need to control what is going to happen in my life? NO! God is the Creator and is in control! So i think I'll just stay little me and let Him do what He needs t do how about.
We read some good Bible verses on faith and trust today and I think I'll share them with you! First there is Matthew 6:25-30
(Matthew 6:25-30 ESV)
"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you eat and drink, nor about your body, what will you put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to
his span life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay do you understand that verse? It's kinda hard to understand but if you really think about what it is trying to say you will understand.
God saying why be worried about your life? He is in control!
And why worry about what you are wearing? Life isn't about fashion but rather about giving the glory to God! I hope you understanding this Bible verse better when I help explain it =) It took me a long time to figer what what this verse had to do with trust and faith.
Another good Bible verse on this subject of faith is Philippians 4:6 (ESV)
The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I like that verse too! I like that it's talking about you don't have to be worried about anything and if you are take it to God and tell Him your feelings.
There is one last Bible verse I would like very much to share with you it is
James 1:6 (ESV)
But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.
That is true indeed. When I'm worried I'm like a wave in the sea following to flow of the wind.
Well, I hope I have encouraged you to know to not be worried! God is here and is in control! I didn't write this post to put a doubt trip on you but to encourage you dear readers! If you have any questions on this subject or any subject concerning our spiritual life or have any prayer requests you can email me at
here4reachingout@gmail.com
God Bless you dearest friends!!!!
a Servant 4 Christ,
Lizzie
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Comments are very lovely and brighten my day! So please feel free to comment as much as you would like. Keep them pure and God honoring. I will try my best to reply to each and every one of the comments you leave :)
God bless you on your journey towards Him!
A Servant 4 Christ,
Lizzie